1/72 aircraft scale plastic model kit
Golden Age 7201
Manufacturer: Golden Age (Ukraine)
Paint: Unpainted, Unassembled, Kit do not contain paints and glue.
Condition: New in Box
The Bell X-2 "Starbuster" was a research aircraft built to investigate flight characteristics in the Mach 2-3 range.
The Bell X-2 was developed to provide a vehicle for researching flight characteristics in excess of the limits of the Bell X-1 and D-588 II, while investigating aerodynamic heating problems in what was then called the 'thermal thicket.'
The Bell X-2 had a prolonged development period due to the advances needed in aerodynamic design, high-temperature resistant materials to be used, and technologies that had to be developed. Not only did the X-2 push the envelope of manned flight to speeds, altitudes and temperatures beyond any other aircraft at the time, it pioneered throttleable rocket motors and digital flight simulation.
- Crew: one, pilot
- Length: 37 ft 10 in (11.5 m)
- Wingspan: 32 ft 3 in (9.8 m)
- Height: 11 ft 10 in (3.6 m)
- Wing area: 260 ft² (24.2 m²)
- Airfoil: 2S-50 bicon
- Empty weight: 12,375 lb (5,600 kg)
- Loaded weight: 24,910 lb (11,300 kg)
- Max takeoff weight: 24,910 lb (11,300 kg)
- Powerplant: 1× Curtiss-Wright XLR25 rocket engine, 15,000 lbf (67 kN)at sea level
- Maximum speed: Mach 3.196 (2,094 mph, 3,370 km/h)
- Service ceiling: 126,200 ft (38,466 m)
We have lowest worldwide shipping. And it's totally simple.
|Order weight up to 0.25kg or 0.55lb||$8.90|
|Order weight up to 0.5kg or 1.1lb||$13.95|
|Order weight over 0.5kg or 1.1lb||$19.99|
|Order total over $150||FREE|
|Order total over $150 to Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Chile, Peru, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand||$19.99|
Shipping to some countries not qualifies for free shipping option but cost not over than $19.99 for any sized order. Sorry for that, your location is too far.
- Stock: Out Of Stock
- Model: GA7201
- Weight: 0.21lb
- DATE ADDED: 25/06/2010