|over 2.2lbs||over 1kg||US$19.99|
|Order over US$150||FREE SHIPPING|
Paint: Unpainted, Unassembled, Kit do not contain paints and glue.
Condition: New in Box
The Junkers Ju 52 (nicknamed Tante Ju ("Auntie Ju") and Iron Annie) was aGerman trimotor transport aircraft manufactured from 1932 to 1945. It saw both civilian and military service during the 1930s and 1940s. In a civilian role, it flew with over twelve air carriers including Swissair and Deutsche Luft Hansa as an airliner and freight hauler. In a military role, it flew with the Luftwaffe as a troopand cargo transport and briefly as a medium bomber. The Ju 52 continued in postwar service with military and civilian air fleets well into the 1980s.In its original configuration, designated the Ju 52/1m, the Ju 52 was a single-engined aircraft, powered by either a BMW or Junkers liquid-cooled engine. However, the single-engine model was underpowered, and after seven prototypes had been completed, all subsequent Ju 52s were built with three radial engines as the Ju 52/3m (drei motoren - "three engines"). Originally powered by three Pratt & Whitney Hornet radial engines, later production models mainly received 574 kW (770 hp) BMW 132engines, a licence-built refinement of the Pratt & Whitney design. Export models were also built with 447 kW (600 hp) Pratt & Whitney Wasp R-1340 and 578 kW (775 hp) Bristol Pegasus VI engines. The two wing-mounted radial engines of the Ju 52/3m had full-chordcowlings and diverted noticeably, being mounted at an almost perpendicular angle to the tapered wing's receding leading edge. The central engine had a half-chord cowling like a Townend ring as the fuselage behind it was increasing in diameter, though some later aircraft had deeper cowlings. Production Ju 52/3m aircraft flown by Luft Hansa before World War II, as well as Luftwaffe-flown Ju 52s flown during the war, usually used an air start system to turn over their trio of radial engines, using a common compressed air supply that also operated the main wheels' brakes.Hitler used a Deutsche Luft Hansa Ju 52 for campaigning the 1932 German election, preferring flying to transport by train. After he became German Chancellor in 1933, Hans Baur became his personal pilot, and Hitler was provided with a personal Ju 52. NamedImmelmann II after the World War I ace Max Immelmann, it carried the registration D-2600. As his power and importance grew, Hitler's personal air force grew to nearly 50 aircraft, based at Berlin Tempelhof Airport and made up of mainly Ju 52s, which also flew other members of his cabinet and war staff. In September 1939 at Baur's suggestion, his personal Ju 52 Immelman II was replaced by the four-engined Focke-Wulf Fw 200 Condor, although Immelman II remained his backup aircraft for the rest of World War II.
|A CASA 352L painted to represent a Junkers Ju 52/3m at the National Museum of the United States Air Force|
|First flight||13 October 1930 (Ju 52/1m); 7 March 1932 (Ju 52/3m)|
|Transport aircraft An-124 1/144 revell 04221|
|Price : $42.99|
|Aircraft Airbus "Air Berlin" A320 1/144 revell 04861|
|Price : $25.99|