|over 2.2lbs||over 1kg||US$19.99|
|Order over US$150||FREE SHIPPING|
Paint: Unpainted, Unassembled, Kit do not contain paints and glue.
Condition: New in Box
The PPSh-41 (Pistolet-Pulemyot Shpagina; Russian: ÐŸÐ¸ÑÑ‚Ð¾Ð»ÐµÑ‚-Ð¿ÑƒÐ»ÐµÐ¼Ñ‘Ñ‚ Ð¨Ð¿Ð°Ð³Ð¸Ð½Ð°; "Shpagin machine pistol"); is a Soviet submachine gun designed by Georgi Shpagin as an inexpensive, simplified alternative to the PPD-40. Common nicknames are Pe-Pe-Sha from its three-letter prefix and Papasha (Russian: Ð¿Ð°Ð¿Ð°ÑˆÐ°), meaning daddy.
The PPSh was a magazine-fed selective fire submachine gun using anopen-bolt, blowback action. Made largely of stamped steel, it could be loaded with either a box or drum magazine, and fired the 7.62×25mmTokarev pistol round.
The PPSh saw extensive combat use during World War II and theKorean War. It was one of the major infantry weapons of the Soviet armed forces during World War II. The total number of PPShs manufactured during World War II is estimated to be more than 6 million. In the form of the Chinese Type 50 (a licensed copy), it was still in use in Vietnam with the Viet Cong as late as 1970. According to the 2002 edition of The Encyclopedia of Weapons of World War II the PPSh was still in use with irregular military forces.The impetus for the development of the PPSh came partly from theWinter War against Finland, where the Finnish army employed theSuomi KP/-31 submachine gun as a highly effective tool for close-quarter fighting in forests or built-up urban areas.
Although the PPD-40 was rushed into mass production in 1940, it was expensive to manufacture, both in terms of materials and labor, because it used numerous milled metal parts, particularly, its receiver. Shpagin's main idea for cost reduction was to use metal stamping for the production of most parts; that concept was revolutionary in the Soviet Union at the time. Shpagin created a prototype in September 1940, which also featured an accuracy improvement device in the form of a simple gas compensator designed to prevent the muzzle from rising during bursts; this improved shot grouping by about 70% relative to the PPD.After the German Army captured large numbers of the PPSh-41 during World War II, a program was instituted to convert the weapon to the standard German submachine gun cartridge – 9mm Parabellum. The Wehrmacht officially adopted the converted PPSh-41 as the MP41(r); unconverted PPSh-41s were designated MP717(r) and supplied with 7.63x25mm Mauser ammunition (which is dimensionally identical to 7.62x25mm, but somewhat less powerful). German-language manuals for the use of captured PPShs were printed and distributed in the Wehrmacht.Over 6 million PPSh submachine guns were produced by the end of the war. The Soviets would often equip whole regiments and even entire divisions with the weapon, giving them unmatched short-range firepower. Thousands more were dropped behind enemy lines to equip large partisan formations to disrupt German supply lines and communications.
PPSh-41 with drum magazine
|Place of origin||Soviet Union|
|Soviet/Russian 5,45 MG RPK 1/35 Tank A-215|
|Price : $8.95|
|U.S. modern carbine M4 family 1/35 Tank A-51|
|Price : $8.95|